Top 7 Reasons to Hire a Caterer for Your Next Event
Posted on 02.16.2015 / by Cedar Door
Parties are supposed to be fun. When you’re doing all of the planning, the cooking, the hosting, the serving and the cleanup, they’re not so fun. Reliable help can put the enjoyment back into throwing a party. Here are the top seven reasons to hire a caterer for your next Austin event.
- Save yourself some time. Instead of spending hours in the kitchen cooking and making preparations, you’ll save time by letting a catering team do the work. All you need to do is show up and smile.
- Make a statement. When your event is catered, it tells people that this is an important occasion. The atmosphere and attention you pay to a birthday party, your anniversary or an important business dinner makes a long-lasting impression.
- Save some money. Buying all of the food, equipment and table decorations for a single event can be expensive. A caterer already has most of the equipment and table decorations. The food can be bought from wholesalers and markets, saving you money from higher grocery store prices.
- Offer a versatile menu. Unless you’ve taken some cooking classes, you’re probably limited in your menu capabilities. Steaks on the grill and Mom’s deviled eggs recipe may be winners at home with friends and family, but a special event deserves a little something extra from the menu.
- Reduce your stress level. Hire a caterer to handle the decorations, the cooking and the preparation. The catering team will clean up afterwards. You’ll enjoy socializing without stressing out about the oven temperature and whether there’s enough ice for the drinks. Your stress level is always lower when you put a competent team of professionals in charge of the details. This is better for your mood, your health and your guests.
- Create the right atmosphere. Not everyone likes to entertain at home. Having a catered party at a venue provides ample space for many guests, preserves your privacy and can save you from inviting strangers to your private place of residence. It also relieves the awkwardness that comes with holding an event after-hours at your office.
- Cooking for a crowd is challenging. You might not have the kitchen space, the equipment, the energy or the means to cook for a crowd. Let the catering staff cope with the volume while you mix and mingle with your guests. Professional caterers do have the kitchen space, the equipment, the energy and the means.
When you’re planning a party, consider how you’re realistically going to get it all done. Turning over your party to a professional can take the stress out of your next Austin event.
Return to the Blog