How to Choose the Perfect Event Venue
Posted on 12.09.2016 / by Cedar Door
When there are so many restaurants and bars in downtown Austin TX, how do you decide which one would be the best for your next private event? What features should be considered the most important? Here are 5 features to consider when choosing an event venue.
- Food Menu: You’re looking at a restaurant venue. Their food should be an obvious selling point! You want your guests to be wowed every time their fork hits their lips. There should be multiple menu options that can cater to your style of event; formal dinner buffets, heavy appetizers, interactive stations, etc.
- Capacity: Do you have 15 people, 100 people, or even 300 people? You want all of your guests to fit comfortably in a space without being too sparse or too squished. Seating vs. mingling space is very important!
- Access to bar: A room with a private bar! Winning!! If the venue doesn’t have that option, you need to ask the event planner how your guests will get their drinks. Will there be cocktail servers, or do they need to go out of the private room to get their drinks? It’s good to know in advance so you can help direct your guests.
- A/V capabilities: Do you need to show a presentation, give a speech, or highlight your sponsor’s brand? Check with the venue and see what they have to offer. You will be surprised on what is out there now a days! Technology man!
- Uniqueness: Give your guests something to chat about. A beautiful room is one thing, but is there something special or unique about the venue you’ve chosen? I know at Cedar Door, we have quite a story to tell. 🙂
Wherever you choose your next event venue, make sure to keep these things in mind so that you can have the best event your company or friends have ever seen!
Return to the Blog